Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Grouchy or just mean?, You decide?

She never looks up from her garden. Her face is stern, almost..masculine. I wave at her every time I see her, but she never looks up from digging in the dirt. She pays no attention to anybody driving past her house, and her movements are almost.. robotic. I hear the whispers around the neighborhood. It appears she is on a lot of medications, and is one of the walking..numb.

One summer day, I decided to cross the street and introduce myself. Calling out, "HI!" as I approached her, She looked up at me with a look I can only describe, as venomous. It stopped me in my tracks, and I smiled a crooked smile at her. She said two words, and that is all it took.

" Your Trespassing " She hissed.

I didn't answer, but turned away, walking back the way I came!. It was the one and only time I tried to approach her. I am puzzled though. Is she just really grouchy? or is it in her nature to be mean?..







No comments:

Post a Comment